These seated chair exercises for seniors are a perfect, low impact way to work out, whether you’re stuck sitting at a desk or simply not comfortable doing a standing workout today.
Why Consider A Chair Exercise Routine?
There are many times when a sitting down workout may make more sense than a standing workout. The same benefits can be achieved, but with a little less intensity. It’s all about keeping your body moving.
Here are just a few of the examples when sitting exercises might make more sense than a standing workout. You’re…
- Brand new to exercise and need a milder intro to working out.
- Recovering from an illness such as a cold, the lu, or some type of virus.
- Recovering from surgery or an injury and experiencing limited mobility.
- Just not feeling up to a full-blown half hour standing workout.
- Feeling vertigo or experiencing balance challenges.
- Having a flare up in your rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Seated at a desk for an extended period of time.
You still have plenty to gain by doing a chair workout for seniors, including:
- Better circulation and cardiovascular strength
- Improved strength and muscle tone
- Increased range of motion in joints
- Increased metabolism to help burn fat
- More core strength which will help with balance issues
- Increased bone density
- Improvement in your mood and enhanced sleep
- Improved brain health
So get moving, whether doing these sitting exercises, walking, biking, aerobics or any recreational activity that gets that blood moving through your body to bring life-giving nutrients and oxygen to your organs, muscles and joints.
Here’s to FEELING GOOD!