Why are hip strengthening exercises important for seniors?
There are several reasons.
- We want to avoid or slow down the damage of osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- By stretching and strengthening the muscles around the hips, we build stability to help with balance and avoid falls.
- And should we fall, we want strong muscles to protect our hip joints like a mighty barrier.
- Because your hips controls the alignment of your knees, weakness in this area may contribute to knee pain.
- Getting motion in the hip area can help with pain and stiffness that comes with arthritis.
- The ability to move is much easier with strength and flexibility of that ball and socket.
So let’s get out of that chair and off those bottoms and work on these hip strengthening exercises together.
Here’s to FEELING GOOD!